[Gdal-dev] Make error "libtool: compile: unable to infer tagged configuration"

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sun Apr 1 06:38:32 EDT 2007

Alessandro Amici wrote:
> Frank,
>
> On Saturday 31 March 2007 20:34, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>> Possibly we need to regenerate the libtool stuff with a
>> newer version?
>
> sounds reasonable, since the current version of libtool doesn't have the --tag
> option anymore.
>
> I would like to have a look at the problema, but ATM i can't checkout from the
> svn:
>
> $ svn checkout https://svn.osgeo.org/svn/gdal/trunk/gdal gdal
> svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/gdal/gdal/!svn/vcc/default'
> svn: '/svn/gdal/gdal/!svn/vcc/default' path not found
>            ^^^^^^^^^ missing 'trunk'?

You need to relocate your working copy because you are using *old* URL
of the repository.

The new URL is:

https://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/

In order to relocate, follow these steps:
1. Go to location where you have trunk checkouted
2. Run

svn switch --relocate https://svn.osgeo.org/svn/gdal/trunk \
                      https://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/trunk

Cheers