[Gdal-dev] PCI .aux Labelled Raw Format

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Apr 20 17:31:14 EDT 2007

Meek, Allan (Contractor) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an image in PCI's .aux labelled raw format. The .aux file
> contains information similar to the following:
>
> AuxiliaryTarget: image.raw
> RawDefinition: 12000 18000 1
> ChanDefinition-1: 32R 0 4 48072 Unswapped
> MapUnits: LONG/LAT
> UpLeftX: -77.00000
> UpLeftY: 45.90000
> LoRightX: -77.40000
> LoRightY: 46.00000
> ProjParms: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Allan,

According to the above UpLeftY is 45.9 and LoRightY is 46.  So it
appears the image on disk is "south up".  I believe OpenEV defaults to
displaying things north up rather than in "natural image orientation"
and so flips it around into what is presumably north up format even though
it is upside compared to how it might look elsewhere.

In openev, you can switch between georeferenced (north up) mode and natural
image mode by hitting the blue-green world icon.  You can also use
cntl-f1 and cntl-f2 to flip your view horizontally and vertically.

As far as I can tell, gdalinfo is accurately reflecting the bounds of the
image as stored in the .aux file.  So I'm not sure there is anything here to
be fixed.