[Gdal-dev] (no subject)

Bryan Keith bryan at geomega.com
Wed Apr 25 12:35:10 EDT 2007

Bob,

I did something like this recently but did not find a way to do it
without writing a short script or two.  Here's what I did.

I put the polygons in a postgis database (which I needed to do anyway to
do some overlay operations).  I output the polygons and their centroids
(for the labels) as separate kml files using ogr2ogr, and I wrote a
short script to combine those two kml files into one kml with the style
and labels set up the way I wanted.

In the end it might have been easier to script the whole thing (skipping
the ogr2ogr part) from one postgis sql that output the polygon and
centroid in the same record as kml.  Were I starting from scratch I'd
try this approach, but I already had a script written to combine
multiple kml files into one.

Hope that helps.

Bryan