[Gdal-dev] gdaladdo errors on Linux

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 17:41:43 EDT 2007

I've got an odd situation. I have a set of TIFFs that I can add
overlays to under Windows and Mac OS X, but not Linux.

The gdaladdo error under Linux is:

ERROR 1: IReadBlock failed at X offset 2, Y offset 4
ERROR 1: GetBlockRef failed at X block offset 2, Y block offset 4
ERROR 1: F43110A1.TIF:DumpModeDecode: Not enough data for scanline 256
ERROR 1: TIFFReadEncodedTile() failed.

(These 4 error repeat "forever")

The images are 8 bit TIFFs with a 13 color table. The Linux and OS X
versions of gdaladdo are identical (1.3.2.0) the Windows version is
1.4.0.0. I have run gdaladdo on the Linux box successfully in the
past.

It seems like it's unable to read the files. The permissions look okay
(-rw-rw-r--) and I'm the owner.

I feel like I'm missing something obvious. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Rich

--
Richard Greenwood