[Fwd: [Gdal-dev] Nodata bitmasks / null processing]

guillaume huby guillaume.huby.lists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 03:48:54 EDT 2007

Frank,

I'm not sure being able to say you what is the best way to implement this.
But I can say that this is an interesting project. I can provide you a
sample I would like to see implemented. MODIS HDF files are all provided
with a Quality Assurance bit mask. For exemple you can take surface
reflectance files (http://edcdaac.usgs.gov/modis/myd09gqv5.asp, there is
download links in this page). These files have two datasets for surface
reflectance (http://edcdaac.usgs.gov/modis/myd09gqv5_sds.asp) and one for
Quality Assurance (http://edcdaac.usgs.gov/modis/qa/myd09gq_qa_v5.asp). I
think that your project can be very usefull in this case.

I hope this will help you !

Best regards,
Guillaume.