[Gdal-dev] Quickly generating Google Earth files

Jose Luis Gomez Dans josegomez at gmx.net
Mon Aug 6 15:20:44 EDT 2007

Hi,
I know there's a GSoC project dealing with a full-fledged GDAL KML driver. I take it that this will enable to quickly publish things like the datasets shown in <http://www.kcl.ac.uk/schools/sspp/geography/research/emm/geodata/>.

We have heaps of raster-based information, and it would be interesting to see if we can serve it through a kmz file, as in the examples above. While I understand the new driver will allow that sort of thing, I was wondering whether it is possible to do something similar as of today, with a current version of GDAL.

Any hints or comments?
Cheers!