[Gdal-dev] T-Shirts

Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov
Thu Aug 30 08:21:56 EDT 2007

Frank,
      With regards to release names, I suggest a simple formula .
Endangered species name + absurd adjective.  ( i.e., Caffinated Civet,
Red-cockaded Woodpecker Remix, Mondo Manatee, etc.)
List of species at :  http://ecos.fws.gov/tess_public/StartTESS.do  ,
http://www.nmfs.noaa.gov/pr/species/esa/

Doug

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov

The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of Interior.
I left my signature file in /dev/null

             Frank Warmerdam
             <warmerdam at pobox.
             Sent by:                  gdal-dev
             gdal-dev-bounces@         <gdal-dev at lists.maptools.org>
             lists.maptools.or                                          cc
                                                                   Subject
                                       [Gdal-dev] T-Shirts
             08/29/2007 04:17
             PM

Folks,

So as mentioned in another email, I'd like to produce a set of "GDAL Team"
t-shirts, some of which could be distributed at FOSS4G.  I'm thinking
along the lines of:

Front
-----

Fairly small on the left breast:

Team GDAL
<GDAL logo>

Back
----

GDAL/OGR 1.5.0
September 2007

<osgeo logo>

An OSGeo Project

---

Of course, I'm not very creative, as you can see.

I also think it would be cool to have a code name for the 1.5.0 release.
Sort of like the latest Ubuntu is Feisty Faun or the latest FME was the
"Go Bananas" release.  My ideas have run to bush-life - "Blackfly" or
"Lumberjack". :-)  Perhaps a bad idea...

Thoughts, ideas?  Anyone want to be "shirts person" getting the graphics
together and working with a shirt producer?  We have rather a short
timeline to get them produced cheaply.  I'm hoping for roughly $10/shirt.

warmerdam at pobox.com