[Gdal-dev] loading metadata into NITF from separate image format

Sophia Parafina sophia.parafina at ionicenterprise.com
Fri Aug 31 20:30:53 EDT 2007

Jared,

The NITF specs are available here:
http://www.gwg.nga.mil/ntb/baseline/format.html, they list the defined
tags for metadata in the header.  I'm not sure what you mean by domain,
but I don't think there are nitf tags for sensor zenith or sun azimuth.
However, using gdal_translate use the -mo "tag=value" option to insert
the metadata. Yes, gdal_translate will write the metadata from a nitf to
a geotiff.

Cheers,
sophia