[gdal-dev] Debug builds on Unix

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Tue Dec 4 13:24:44 EST 2007

Frank Warmerdam kirjoitti:
> also reworked how debug builds are requested for GDAL on unix-like
> builds.
>

> While I don't especially love this approach, it seems to be inline
> with unix
> packaging standards and will hopefully make GDAL easier for folks to
> use since
> it works more like everything else.

Why not have something like --enable-debug for configure? For example
GTK seems to have that switch. What are these unix packaging standards
that you refer to?

I've always found it difficult to turn on the debugging since it's been
through this environment variable.

Regards,

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Geoinformaatio- ja paikannustekniikka / Geoinformation and positioning