[gdal-dev] building gdal1.5 and apps makefile.vc

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 21:50:13 EST 2007

Michael,

I'm a bit confused, but I think you are attempting to build a
gdal15.dll that can be used with the windows egg files on PyPI...
correct?

If so, you should only have to build GDAL itself, not anything in ./
swig/python.  setup.py and the makefile.vc in ./swig are only related
to building and generating the bindings.  You shouldn't have to mess
with this stuff if you are planning to use the PyPI packages...

I don't know about the apps makefile.vc.  Maybe this is out of date
for some reason?

On Dec 11, 2007, at 6:13 PM, Michael ODonnell wrote:
> Third, the files that were included in the gdal-1.5.0b2 redirected
> the gdal to osgeo directory. Is it possible to set my path to osgeo
> rather than being redirected.

Can you provide more detail here?  I don't quite know what you mean by
"redirected"

Howard