[gdal-dev] Building Gdal 1.5 beta on a 64 bit system

Steve Popovich cartrite1 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 12 09:27:52 EST 2007

I am able to build the 1.5.0b2 version with ./configure --without-libtool --with-python but the autotest fails with
Running tests from gcore/tiff_write.py
  TEST: tiff_write_1 ... success
  TEST: tiff_write_2 ... success
  TEST: tiff_write_3 ... success
  TEST: tiff_write_4 ... skip
  TEST: tiff_write_5 ... success
  TEST: tiff_write_6 ... ERROR 1: ZIPDecode:tmp/test_6.tif: Decoding error at scanline 0, incorrect header check
ERROR 1: TIFFReadEncodedTile() failed.

ERROR 1: IReadBlock failed at X offset 0, Y offset 0
ERROR 1: GetBlockRef failed at X block offset 0, Y block offset 0
Segmentation fault
I also ran a script I wrote to produce the specmap with SWBD files and this beta version also outputs png.aux.xml files. The run I did with gdal-1.4.3 and 1.4.4 did not do this.
Steve Popovich