[gdal-dev] Building Gdal 1.5 beta on a 64 bit system

Steve Popovich cartrite1 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 12 17:51:40 EST 2007

Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:

It is not at all clear to me why GDAL would have a dependency on X11 stuff
like libSM.  BTW, were you deliberately trying to build 32bit executables?
I also don't understand why 32bit versions of stuff would be needed.

Also,
 This may be a bug in gcc 4.1.2. or whatever is creating the
libtool file. This didn't happen while building 1.4.4.
Is something different in the configure files in these beta versions?
Steve