[Gdal-dev] Warping MODIS

Jose Luis Gomez Dans josegomez at gmx.net
Wed Feb 7 02:35:20 EST 2007

Hi!

I have read a couple of postings regarding MODIS subsetting and warping. I have been using HEGTools up to now, but I find that having just GDAL in my processing chain makes life easier. So far, i understand that I need to warp a subdataset off the HDFEOS file to change the ellps parameter so that the subdataset is available in Lat/Long WGS84. This seems to work, and I can the reproject into UTMXX/DatumXYZ again. This requires a gdalwarp, a  gdal_translate and a further gdalwarp. is there a more direct route?

Further, is the gdalwarper API available for python? The docs say it is
incomplete, but maybe there have been new developments? Idea is to have the
previous process sit in the middle of a python program :)

Many thanks!
Jose
Jetzt GMX TopMail testen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/topmail?ac=OM.GX.GX003K11713T4783a