[Gdal-dev] Converting to GMT

Jose Luis Gomez Dans josegomez at gmx.net
Mon Feb 12 17:29:50 EST 2007

Hi!
I want to quickly visualise a GeoTIFF file using GMT. I have tried using  gdal_translate -of GMT (and NetCDF), but I get the following error:
gdal_translate -of GMT test.tif testOut.grd
Input file size is 1347, 1032
netcdf: 3 is not a valid cdfid

Versions: GDAL 1.4.0 (Linux), with HDF4 (libhdf4 (4.1r4-18.1ubuntu1) support and NetCDF 3.6.1) compiled in (these are both Kubuntu Breezy packages).

I note that GMT and HDF might be mutually exclusive, but... I have so far shortcircuited this problems by converting into an ENVI raster and using xyz2grd to convert into a grid. This, however, isn't ideal either.

Any ideas?
Cheers!
Jose