[Gdal-dev] Re: Building against Xerces 2.7.0 fails

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Feb 14 09:41:14 EST 2007

Benoit Myard wrote:
>> [...] You will find two small patches attached to this mail which
>> correct the compilation errors.
>
> Oops, I mixed up the filenames on the command line ; here are the
> correct patches. Sorry.

Your patches look good to me as improving type safety and portability.

The code in the iom_error.cpp file looks like depending on GCC
feature of VLA.
The code original in ogrili1datasource.cpp  uses buggy behavior of GCC
and strchr should get/return const or get/return non-const objects,
but not get const and return non-const.

Here is a longer story about strchr() behavior in GCC/libstdc++:

Frank,
If you don't mind I'd vote for applying these patches (and I can do it).

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net