[Gdal-dev] Re: Oblique_ vs Double_Stereographic

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Jan 7 17:31:22 EST 2007

Maciej Sieczka wrote:
  > Should Double_Stereographic be intepreted as Oblique_Steregraphic by
> GDAL and friends?

Maciej,

Please submit this into the GDAL bugzilla and we can try to address it.
There are many differences between ESRI Well Known Text and OGR Well Known
Text coordinate systems.  Generally I try to have the morphToESRI() and
morphFromESRI() methods take care of conversions but there are sometimes
missing translations that need to be added.  There may also be cases where
we can't easily maintain distinctions that exist in ESRI or OGR in the
other representation.  I don't know if that applies here.