Error when embedding Manifest? (Was RE: [Gdal-dev] Link Error in 1.4
mhanson at photon.com
Wed Jan 10 11:34:32 EST 2007
Frank, glad I could serve as the impetus for you to take some game-time.
It occured to me the linking problem was most likely due to our own format I included....is the ISIS2 dataset a new one? If so that would explain it as I had modified versions of makefiles to include our own format.
So I went back to the original GDAL package, but am getting another error. I seem to recall someone saying the manifest was going to be embedded in the DLL now - is this the step it occurs at? Hmmm, could this be another case where it's looking for the MS version of mt and getting confused by my cygwin install? (like it does with link).
Creating library gdal_i.lib and object gdal_i.exp
if exist gdal14.dll.manifest mt -manifest gdal14.dll.manifest -outputresource:gdal14.dll;2
mt: unknown option -- m
usage: mt [-V] [-f device] operation [count]
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'if' : return code '0x1'
From: Frank Warmerdam [mailto:warmerdam at pobox.com]
Sent: Tue 1/9/2007 12:45 PM
To: Matt Hanson
Cc: Gdal-dev at lists.maptools.org
Subject: Re: [Gdal-dev] Link Error in 1.4 with MSVC8
Matt Hanson wrote:
> Hi, I'm getting a linking error when compiling in MSVC8 (using nmake)
> Any suggestions?
> Creating library gdal_i.lib and object gdal_i.exp isis2dataset.obj : error
> LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall
> (??1NASAKeywordHandler@@QAE at XZ) referenced in function "public: virtual
> __thiscall ISIS2Dataset::~ISIS2Dataset(void)" (??1ISIS2Dataset@@UAE at XZ)
> isis2dataset.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public:
> __thiscall NASAKeywordHandler::NASAKeywordHandler(void)"
> (??0NASAKeywordHandler@@QAE at XZ) referenced in function "public: __thiscall
> ISIS2Dataset::ISIS2Dataset(void)" (??0ISIS2Dataset@@QAE at XZ) isis2dataset.obj
> : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: int __thiscall
> NASAKeywordHandler::Ingest(struct _iobuf *,int)"
> (?Ingest at NASAKeywordHandler@@QAEHPAU_iobuf@@H at Z) referenced in function
> "public: static class GDALDataset * __cdecl ISIS2Dataset::Open(class
> GDALOpenInfo *)" (?Open at ISIS2Dataset@@SAPAVGDALDataset@@PAVGDALOpenInfo@@@Z)
> isis2dataset.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: char
> const * __thiscall NASAKeywordHandler::GetKeyword(char const *,char const
> *)" (?GetKeyword at NASAKeywordHandler@@QAEPBDPBD0 at Z) referenced in function
> "private: char const * __thiscall ISIS2Dataset::GetKeyword(char const *,char
> const *)" (?GetKeyword at ISIS2Dataset@@AAEPBDPBD0 at Z) gdal14.dll : fatal error
> LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"c:\Program
> Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN\link.EXE"' : return code '0x460'
I took me four hours, but was unable to reproduce this problem with VC8.
Well, ok, the four hours really was 2 minutes to reboot to windows,
10 minutes to try out my VC8 build, and then 3 hours and 48 minutes
playing Colonization - but proximity to games is one of the reasons
I hesitate to work on windows!
I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at pobox.com
light and sound - activate the windows | http://pobox.com/~warmerdam
and watch the world go round - Rush | President OSGeo, http://osgeo.org <http://osgeo.org/>
More information about the Gdal-dev