Error when embedding Manifest? (Was RE: [Gdal-dev] Link Error in 1.4 with MSVC8)

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Jan 10 12:02:57 EST 2007

Matt Hanson wrote:

> Creating library gdal_i.lib and object gdal_i.exp if exist
> gdal14.dll.manifest mt -manifest gdal14.dll.manifest
> -outputresource:gdal14.dll;2 mt: unknown option -- m
> usage: mt [-V]
> [-f device] operation [count] NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'if' :
> return code '0x1' Stop.

Matt,

I suppose wrong 'mt' command is called.
For manifest action Microsoft's 'mt' is required, so try to run in
command line following command and compare the first lines of the output:

C:\>mt /?
Microsoft (R) Manifest Tool version 5.2.3790.2014
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation 2005.

>From the "usage" info in the error message above, I assume Unix 'mt'
command is called taht's actually a utility to control magnetic tape drive.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net