[Gdal-dev] Re: newbie: Python issues with gdal-1.4.0/VC8/Python24

Gregory, Matthew matt.gregory at oregonstate.edu
Wed Jan 10 14:15:18 EST 2007

Didrik wrote:

> I guess you have to add the C:\gdal-1.4.0\pymod to your PATH too.

Hi Didrik,

Thanks for your reply.

I apologize that I forgot to mention that I had tried this as well, but
without success.  And judging by the way Frank has set up the setfw.bat
in FWTOOLS, it didn't look like this was a needed path inclusion.

Since I last posted, I have tried to compile with Python 2.5, also
without success.

Could someone clarify where the _gdal module is supposed to be found?  I
was under the impression that it was in _gdal.dll, but perhaps I'm
totally clueless.

matt