[Gdal-dev] gdal_rasterize for World Vector Shoreline (WVS) data

John Mitchell mitchelljj98 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 18:03:41 EST 2007

Hi,

I would like to try gdal_rasterize to convert World Vector Shoreline (WVS)
data into raster data.  I am hoping that this will speed up performance when
viewing this data within MapServer.  In the documentation is says "Currently
gdal_rasterize cannot create new output files though that may be added
eventually".  I don't want to merge WVS with an existing raster layer, but
have its own layer.  How can I create a blank geotiff that I can use as
output for this rasterized WVS data?

Thanks,

--
John J. Mitchell