[Gdal-dev] Re: LANDISVIEW: A Free Visualization & Analytical Tool Using GDAL

Weimin Xi xi at tamu.edu
Wed Jan 24 12:33:41 EST 2007

Dear list,

I am very pleased to announce that LANDISVIEW Beta 1.0 (with a User
Guide) is now available for you to free download at our website:

http://kelab.tamu.edu/standard/restoration/restoration_tools.htm

*LANDISVIEW* is a tool, developed at the  Knowledge Engineering
Laboratory at Texas A&M University, to visualize and animate
8-bit/16-bit ERDAS GIS format. It can also convert 8-bit/16-bit ERDAS
GIS format maps into ASCII and batch files.

LANDISVIEW* provides two major functions:

1) File Viewer: Files can be viewed sequentially and an output can be
generated as a movie file or as an image file.
2) File converter: It will convert the loaded  files for compatibility
with 3^rd  party software, such as Fragstats.

Some available features of *LANDISVIEW* include: 1) Display cell
coordinates and values.
2) Apply user-defined color palette to visualize files.
3) Save maps as pictures and animations as video files (*.avi).
4) Convert ERDAS files into ASCII grids for compatibility with
Fragstats, a widely used spatial analysis tool.

Please feel free to check it out. We plan to continue to improve
LANDISVIEW based on your feedback. We look forward to learning your
thoughts about it.
Please email me (xi at tamu.edu) with your comments and suggestions (or any
bugs you find)! Thank you.

Cheers,