[Gdal-dev] Motion: Adding the SWIG generated files to the SVN repository

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 16:31:08 EST 2007

Hi Folks,

As reading back of this thread, it turns out that the best compromise
is adding a post update step to the mkgdaldist.sh so as to complete
the the created snapshot with the SWIG generated files for the csharp
binding. This is the solution that I favour most of all.

In this regard Mateusz has taken over the task of installing SWIG
1.3.29 to the corresponding server and modifying mkgdaldist.sh
accordingly.These changes will not affect the other bindings at this
phase. However if the maintainer of some other binding would want to
follow this concept, the desired steps can possibly added at any time.

Currently, as I can see, the java binding suffers from similar
problems since high number of the files are generated. Although the
files have already been added to the SVN, those are slightly outdated
and some of them are in a wrong place.

Anyway, I appreciate the efforts of everyone who has helped me out
with the consideration and implementation :-)

Best Regards,

Tamas