[Gdal-dev] src/dstnodata not effective for indexed colour

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Fri Jan 26 15:26:12 EST 2007

> It isn't possible for me to test this right now, but I would expect that
> for your indexed input file your -srcnodata value would be the INDEX
> value you want to be treated as "no data", rather than the RGB value
> associated with that index value.

Right you are Ed. Thanks!

At one point I did try using the index # with no apparent effect.
However on taking a close look, I found there are 2 index entries for
255,255,255, and in my tests I was specifying an index which is not used
  in the image by any pixels.

--
matt wilkie
Geographic Information,