[Gdal-dev] Drivers for Golden Software Grid Formats (long)

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Jan 29 15:49:59 EST 2007

Andrey Kiselev wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 09:50:52AM -0500, Kevin Locke wrote:
>>> 2. Ther are people which can be allergic to things like
>>> 'std::numeric_limits<double>::max()' or 'dynamic_cast' :-)
>> I've removed the dynamic_casts.  The numeric_limits stuff will take
>>  some thought in a few places, but I should be able to get it done
>> shortly.
>
> I am not sure whether it is portable enough. Mateusz may have more
> clues related to MSVC embedded and MSVC 6 compilers.

Visual C++ 6.0 provide correct support of all native C++ cast operators.
The only non-standard behavior in Visual C++ 6.0  (and earlier versions)
related to dynamic_cast is that the VC++ 6.0 allows runtime checks
where  compile-time checks are required by C++ Standard.
This was fixed in Visual C++ 7.0 (Visual C++ .NET 2002).

Generally, regarding the GDAL portability and old versions of
Visual C++, I don't see any problems with using C++ cast operators.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net