[Gdal-dev] CPG Format

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jan 29 17:50:22 EST 2007

Meek, Allan wrote:
> This change allows me to read larger files in Linux with gdalinfo.
> However, when I try to read larger files in Solaris, gdalinfo gives me a
> segmentation fault (with no core dump). I am able to read smaller files
> with this version of gdalinfo.
>
> Is there a particular reason why VSIStatL is causing these crashes in
> Solaris? Is there any way to increase the filesize limit for the CPG
> driver that would work in both Linux and Solaris?

Allan,

There are some additional changes to cpgdataset.cpp that would be
required for proper support for large files.  Basically all the VSI*
functions should be VSI*L, and there is a flag to the RawRasterBand
constructor indicating whether the file handle is "large" or not.

I have no idea why you are having a crash in the VSIStatL() call, but
I do vaguely recall some sort of issue with large files on Solaris in
December, and some sort of fix was applied.  But I can't work out now
where that change was or if it might apply to your problem.  Are you
doing this work on GDAL 1.4.0?

I'd encourage you to submit a bug report for the large PolGASP files
and either attach your patch, or if not I'll prepare a patch and you
can test it.

Tracking down the Solaris problem could be ... harder.