[Gdal-dev] Announcing TCL bindings for GDAL/OGR

Alexandre Leroux alexandre.leroux at ec.gc.ca
Fri Jul 20 11:11:55 EDT 2007

Hi list,

I'm glad to announce the immediate availability of TCL bindings for
GDAL/OGR. Frank already made up a page about it :
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/GdalOgrInTcl

However, to access the libraries, one will have to download the full SPI
application (55 Mb, see link above) running on Linux. For technical
reasons, the TCL bindings manager tells me it's easier to bundle the
GDAL/OGR TCL bindings along with SPI instead of making them available
separately. This may change in the future. In the documentation part of
the website, there's some docs named TclOGR and TclGDAL, but it's in
French (one of my colleagues wrote this). There's also a few GDAL/OGR
TCL example scripts, which are helpful, but the TCL bindings in SPI
allow the user to do much much more.

I'll go back off this list, so please contact me directly if you have
any questions related to the TCL bindings even though I'm not the one in
charge of those bindings. There's a generic email for outside users on
the SPI page but that email will bounce at the moment and should be
working in the coming days.

Have a great weekend!

Alex :-)
--
Alexandre Leroux, M.Sc., Ing.
Environnement Canada / Environment Canada
alexandre.leroux at ec.gc.ca