[Gdal-dev] Is ogr2ogr the tool to use?

Nelson, Dean dean.nelson at eecradar.com
Tue Jul 24 12:17:18 EDT 2007

Hello,
I am trying to convert the Hydro1k basin shapefiles from a "projected"
shapefile to a Lat/Lon shape file. I am doing that with the command:

ogr2ogr -t_srs WGS84 -f "ESRI Shapefile" outfile.shp infile.shp

But when the shapefile is viewed, it shows up about 17km north of the
correct data. SO the questions are:

1. Is this the best tool to do that with?
2. Did I do it right?
3. Is there a way to offset the data in ogr2ogr?

Regards,

Dean Nelson
Sr. Software Engineer
Enterprise Electronics Corp
http://www.EECradar.com <http://www.eecradar.com/>

"Too much of the world is run on the theory that you don't need road
manners if you drive a five-ton truck" - Cleon Lyles

which it is addressed.  If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended
prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
the sender by replying to this  message and delete this e-mail
immediately.