[Gdal-dev] Measured Values for Shapefile read & write

Nelson, Dean dean.nelson at eecradar.com
Tue Jul 24 14:34:43 EDT 2007

Craig,

We would like our product to ingest any type of shape file (projected or
lat/lon) and be able to run with it. However, as in the "[Gdal-dev] Is
ogr2ogr the tool to use?" thread, I have some shapefile data from the
USGS/Hydro1k project that is projected from a point and all of the
values in the polygons are x,y values. I needed to convert to a Lat/Lon
shapefile. I did it via ogr2ogr and the resulting output was placed 17km
north of reality.

I was looking for a kludgy fudge factor ;-)

Regards,

Dean Nelson
Enterprise Electronics Corp