[Gdal-dev] BigTIFF support

Luis Viveros luis.viveros at digimapas.cl
Fri Jul 27 12:51:52 EDT 2007

Hi Frank and all,

Thanks. Now I pointed correctly --with-libtiff=/usr/local/ and the
configure output is:

LIBTIFF support:   external (BigTIFF=yes)

But, using gdalwarp after:

gdalwarp -of GTiff -co BIGTIFF=YES -ot float32 input.tor output.tif
Creating output file that is 32000P x 168000L
ERROR 1: A 32000 pixels x 168000 lines x 1 bands Float32 image would be
larger than 4GB
but this is the largest size a TIFF can be.   Creation failed.

I executed ldconfig after installation...

Any idea?

Thanks

Luis Viveros
Project Manager