[Gdal-dev] r.out.gdal vs gdal_translate vs gdalwarp

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Tue Jun 5 13:53:35 EDT 2007

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Maciej Sieczka wrote:
>> I was wondering if, by any chance, it could be possible to make
>> gdalwarp to behave like gdal_translate in this respect?

> You could file a bug report on the issue, but it isn't likely to be very
> high priority since there is a straight forward workaround.

Ok. But I wanted to add that I've been using gdal_translate and
gdalwarp for few years now, and I only learned that the problem exists.
I never expected that any GDAL program will waste bytes. When I noticed
one did, at first I suspected a bug. I believe other users may think
the same way (it is a sane expectation, I guess).

>From now on I will remember to feed gdalwarp's output into
gdal_translate in situations when bytes are precious. I'm glad to know
the workaround now. Thanks.

Maciek