[Gdal-dev] Multiple Images in HDF4Image format

Jeff Smith smithj at nsidc.org
Tue Jun 12 21:06:22 EDT 2007

I need to merge 2 GIFs into a single HDF4 file. The GDAL documentation
implies that files in HDF4Image format can be appended to. My guess was
to use the gdal_translate utility to create the HDF4 file, but I can't
figure out how to append the second image to the file. Presumably, I
need to use some arguement to the -co flag. Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff Smith
NSIDC/CIRES				Email: smithj at nsidc.org
University of Colorado, Boulder		Phone: (303)492-5692
449 UCB	   				Fax:   (303)492-2468
Boulder, CO 80309-0449			NSIDC WWW: http://nsidc.org

"It is perhaps easier, and certainly safer,
 to follow a beaten path, but it is also
 dull, uninteresting, and futile."
                      - Dmitri Shostakovich