[Gdal-dev] GSoC KML support (read and tile images)

Jens Oberender j.obi at troja.net
Sun Jun 24 15:50:44 EDT 2007

Hello

I'm doing the KML read support for GDAL as Google Summer of Code
projects and wanted to give my construction draft for discussion.

http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/SoCKMLRead
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/GSoC_KML_Read_-_Construction_Draft

Klokan Petr Přidal is also doing a project for GSoC that works with KML:
GDAL2Tiles
Page: http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/GDAL2Tiles_SoC_2007

Perhaps the GDAL2Tiles can be expressed with the new ImagePyramid tag,
introduced in KML 2.2 (still beta).

In my opinion we can work together on the KML class and help each other
that way.

I'm looking forward to your comments, criticism and suggestions.

Bye,
	Jens

PS: I'm on IRC with the nick D|dge