[Gdal-dev] problem with C# SWIG wrapper

Richard Matsunaga richard.matsunaga at waypointinfo.com
Fri Mar 2 15:13:07 EST 2007

Hi all,

I've just started using the SWIG-generated C# wrapper and can't get it to
work. The build seems to run fine, as do the tests, but when actually trying
to use the resulting library, I get the following:

System.TypeInitializationException : The type initializer for
'GDAL.gdalconst' threw an exception.
  ----> System.TypeInitializationException : The type initializer for
'GDAL.gdalconstPINVOKE' threw an exception.
  ----> System.TypeInitializationException : The type initializer for
'SWIGExceptionHelper' threw an exception.
  ----> System.DllNotFoundException : Unable to load DLL
'gdal_gdalconst_wrap': The specified module could not be found. (Exception
from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

I get the same error (without the extended info) when I try to run the
GDALColorTable.exe that gets created with the build.

Is there some config that I must have missed? I think there is a need for a
single wiki page for documenting the setup for using the C# wrappers along
with common pitfalls.

Thanks,
Richard