[Gdal-dev] Looking for huge vector dataset

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Sat Mar 3 12:24:26 EST 2007

Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a big set of vector data, ideally available as public
> geodata. I mean big as including >= 100 000 number of features
> with geometries, preferable of type of polygon or linestring.
>
> If anyone does have such data and could share with me, I'd be very thankful!

Andreas Fabian has convereted the public domain VMAP0 into sheapfile 2
years ago:
http://frederic.cs.dal.ca/pub/STDW/VMAP0/.

In the Europe - North Asia dataset there are few line string datasets
bigger than 100000 features: WATRCRSL.shp, CONTOURL.shp, ROADL.shp. The
biggest polygon dataset is consisted of 96833 features - INWATERA.shp.

Maybe the other parts of the world are fatter. Haven't used them.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Maciek