[Gdal-dev] Looking for huge vector dataset

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sat Mar 3 12:42:22 EST 2007

Maciej Sieczka wrote:
> Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm looking for a big set of vector data, ideally available as public
>> geodata. I mean big as including >= 100 000 number of features
>> with geometries, preferable of type of polygon or linestring.
>>
>> If anyone does have such data and could share with me, I'd be very thankful!
>
> Andreas Fabian has convereted the public domain VMAP0 into sheapfile 2
> years ago:
> http://frederic.cs.dal.ca/pub/STDW/VMAP0/.
>
> In the Europe - North Asia dataset there are few line string datasets
> bigger than 100000 features: WATRCRSL.shp, CONTOURL.shp, ROADL.shp. The
> biggest polygon dataset is consisted of 96833 features - INWATERA.shp.

Cool! Yes, that's definitely a nice set.

BTW, Maciej, do we have anything like Public Geo Data for Poland?
May be we could make a list or something?

I only know about geoportal.gov.pl but data available there
are only browsable through ArcIMS viewer, no downloads.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net