[Gdal-dev] Reading DGNv8 file from MAPSERVER with DGNDirect

Jean-Daniel Gonon jdgonon at gi-lemans.com
Wed Mar 7 12:14:44 EST 2007

Hi

Yes, I replace original OGR DLL/Lib in MapServer with the DLL I build in
VC++.
But I don't modify other setting in MAPSERVER, I don't rebuild MAPSERVER

I see, witth spys in my source code, that MAPSERVER open DGNv8 file,
MAPSERVER can read unit of resoution, geometry of file (2d/3d).
But geographics elements are not display in MAPSERVER interface, I have
just a message about "CGI error".

I don't know that it means

Jean-Daniel

Jean-Daniel Gonon wrote:

> > Hi
> >
> > I compile GDAL/OGR_1.3.2 under Visual C++ 2005 and I integrate
> > DGNdirect09964 in GDAL/OGR_1.3.2.
> >
> > Now, with "ogrinfo fileV8.dgn -al" command, I can read attributs of
> > line, text and shape elements.
> >
> > But when I replace "gdal.lib" in MAPSERVER with the new file version,
> >  MAPSERVER fail to open and read DGNv8 file. MAPSERVER still open and
> > read successful DGNv7 file.
> >
> > What is the problem ?

gdal.lib is a static library, but I suppose you are going to replace the
original GDAL DLL from MapServer with the new one you built on your own.

Or do you mean you use gdal.lib to rebuild MapServer?

Cheers