[Gdal-dev] Motion: Migrate from Bugzilla to Trac

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Mar 20 17:12:26 EDT 2007

Matt Wilkie wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is it planned that end user[*] documentation be part of what is in svn
> and/or trac? If not would an enhancement reqeust to do so, even if as a
> branch rather than mainline, be entertained?

Matt,

The end user documentation is in subversion now.  The format driver
documents are plain html, and the utility docs are processed through
doxygen.

I imagine quite a bit of auxilary documentation for end users growing
in the wiki as well.

> Many times I've wanted to add to or clarify an example in the
> documentation and not been able to or wanted to distract the developers
> from the "real" work of improving and extending gdal/ogr.
>
> [*] My own interest is in utility docs rather than developer docs. E.g.
> "how do I maintain nodata and pixel size in gdalwarp?"  more than "how
> do I add driver X to my app?"

I am interested in providing commit access to those interested in working
on the documentation.  In the meantime, you can send improvements through
bugzilla/trac to be applied.  When that gets annoying someone will propose
you for commit access. :-)