[Gdal-dev] Re: C# Geometry Classes?

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 18:33:01 EDT 2007

Simon,

Currently - for all of the SWIG bindings - you can access the various
geometry types through the Geometry base class therefore you cannot do
much derived class specific operations. However, indeed, it would be a
nice addition to support separate classes for the geometry types like
Polygon, LineString, MultiPoligon etc.

This kind of implementation requires a widespead decision of the
developers since a C# only implementation would bring in a great
degree of divergence between the languages that should be highly
avoided.

Best regards,

Tamas