[Gdal-dev] Re: C# Geometry Classes?

Simon Perkins sy at perkins.net
Wed Mar 21 19:37:20 EDT 2007

Howard Butler wrote:
>   Kevin and I's first cut actually wrapped the C++ API, but we were
> persuaded otherwise ;)

Yes, I remember the discussion... And the C API seemed to make sense for
GDAL, but now that I've started to use OGR as well, the C API seems a
little limited compared to the C++ one. The Geometry hierarchy in OGR
really cries out for an object oriented API, while GDAL doesn't seem to
have quite the same needs.

I wonder then, whether the OGR C API could do with some enhancements to
provide functions that are more focused on specific geometry types?

Cheers,

Sy