[Gdal-dev] can not read WMS image

Clay, Bruce bclay at ball.com
Thu Mar 22 11:01:11 EDT 2007

I am not sure the right forum to post this problem to since I have not
connected my current code any of the libraries yet.

I am writing WMS and WFS classes to retrieve geospatial data and images.
I get the feature data ok and I can receive images ok but I can't open
any of the images after I retrieve them.  I have tried both gif and
jpeg,  both files appear ok in the sense that I can see the GIF87 or
JFIF markers where I expect them to be but neither Paint nor MS image
viewer can read them.

Has anyone been successful connecting to a WMS server and pulling images
to save to disk?

Do I have to byte swap the data even though the markers appear correct?

Does anyone know of a WMS server that supports geotiff images so I can
test against that?

If this is not the correct forum could you please suggest a more
appropriate forum.

Thanks

Bruce