[Gdal-dev] Re: ogr geometry intersection

Jack Riley jack.l.riley at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 09:04:44 EDT 2007

Hello Todd:  Thanks for the information re: the disparity between the
geometry constructions and tests in ogr (geos).  In terms of visible-extents
clipping (draw / do-not-draw decisions), I suppose a small expansion of the
clipping rectangle will bridge the gap in precision.  For more stringent
topology requirements (e.g., strict point-in-polygon tests that guarantee
mutual exclusivity between adjacent polygons) the disparity should not be
ignored.

Frank & Mateusz:  Thanks for looking into the ogr performance issue.

Jack