[Gdal-dev] when are overviews displayed for a 6 inch geotiff that has gdaladdo -r average file.tif 2 4 8 16 32 64 128

John Mitchell mitchelljj98 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 22:24:01 EDT 2007

Frank,

Thanks for the information.  I am creating external overviews and would like
to use the same algorithm that you described below for internal overviews.
If I would like an overview to display if the overviews resolution is no
more than 1.2 times the requested resolution, then how can I convert from
resolution to scale so that my minimum scale within mapserver for an
overview matches the correct resolution?

Thanks,

John Mitchell

--
John J. Mitchell