[Gdal-dev] Re: Motion: Adopt RFC 12: Improved File Management

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed May 9 10:26:31 EDT 2007

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Doh!  I just realized that my original contract delivery also included a
> copy
> operation.  I would like to withdraw my original motion, and instead move
> to adopt a revised version of RFC 12 which includes a Copy operator:
>
>   http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc12_filemanagement
>
> The copy operator works similarly to rename, but doesn't alter the source.

Since the copy function is called pfnCopyFiles(), should we call the
rename function pfnMoveFiles() instead of pfnRename(), just for consistency?

Actually, at the higher level I see that you have GDALCopyDatasetFiles()
and GDALRenameDataset() ... um ... why the "Files" suffix in one case
and not the other?

> ----
>
> Motion: To adopt the revised RFC 12: Improved File Management.

+1, with or without changes to the names above.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/