[Gdal-dev] Re: Problem using EPSG in C#

Tomas R monshi at home.se
Fri May 11 12:49:18 EDT 2007

Ok, thanks for the educating response.

What I am developing is a plugin for SportTracks. In simple terms it
will act as an alternative source of maps to Google Earth and provide
translation from/to the maps local projection to WGS84. This will also
include a mechanism to import the maps into such a format it will be
easy and fast to read and handle. It will be a local "server" to
SportTracks providing SportTracks with maps the user has provided.

Some Q's arises from what you have written:
Anyway to single out which DLLs that provide the functions I need?
If I use my own build of gdal will the dll have the necessary bindings
to the dll-files distributed with FWtool?
But on the other hand I guess I can, in the next release of FWTool, grab
the whole bunch of dlls and data-files and use them. This solution is
only for a short  time, I will not have to compile gdal myself after
FWTool has been upgraded.

And is it necessary to set the system path to make it possible for the
Csharp bindings to find the gdal dll? It isn't possible to find them by
a path stored/computed by my code?

Perhaps worth noting, the trunk revision  I have tested with is the one
after your last edit, i.e. revision 11458.

/Tomas