[Gdal-dev] Recent changes related to the Java bindings

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Sun May 13 17:35:24 EDT 2007

Folks,

I've made the first attempt to add the java related build steps to the
buildbot configuration. Currently I've focused only on the Windows
builders and my effort was eventually successful,
http://buildbot.osgeo.org:8500/

In exchange for this addition I had to move the contents of the
java.opt file into nmake.opt because it was pretty unmanageable in
that fashion. I've added the following section in nmake.opt

# SWIG Java settings
!IFNDEF JAVA_HOME
JAVA_HOME = c:\j2sdk1.4.2_12
!ENDIF
!IFNDEF ANT_HOME
ANT_HOME=c:\programmi\apache-ant-1.7.0
!ENDIF
JAVADOC=$(JAVA_HOME)\bin\javadoc
JAVAC=$(JAVA_HOME)\bin\javac
JAVA=$(JAVA_HOME)\bin\java
JAR=$(JAVA_HOME)\bin\jar
JAVA_INCLUDE=-I$(JAVA_HOME)\include -I$(JAVA_HOME)\include\win32

I've encapsulated the default  JAVA_HOME, ANT_HOME parameters into
IFNDEF-s so these values can be given at the nmake command line or in
an external file according to the EXT_NMAKE_OPT settings.
I've also removed all !INCLUDE-s for the java.opt in the Windows makefiles.

I haven't dealt with the GNU builds so far, however java.opt is also
included in the GNU makefile. Howard and I would like to see this
stuff disappearing one day when the configure stuff will be extended
by identifying the JAVA locations. Howard added a ticket for this
change:

http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/1631

Best regards,

Tamas