[Gdal-dev] Recent changes related to the Java bindings

Andrea Aime aaime at openplans.org
Thu May 17 10:02:01 EDT 2007

Tamas Szekeres ha scritto:
> Folks,
>
> I've made the first attempt to add the java related build steps to the
> buildbot configuration. Currently I've focused only on the Windows
> builders and my effort was eventually successful,
> http://buildbot.osgeo.org:8500/

Nice! Is there any way to grab the build results, that is, all
the dlls and jars? At the moment I'm unable to build gdal
due to a change in geomedia driver that made the code incompatible
with vc++ 6.0 (well, it may have been fixed lately, haven't checked).

> In exchange for this addition I had to move the contents of the
> java.opt file into nmake.opt because it was pretty unmanageable in
> that fashion. I've added the following section in nmake.opt
>
> # SWIG Java settings
> !IFNDEF JAVA_HOME
> JAVA_HOME = c:\j2sdk1.4.2_12
> !ENDIF
> !IFNDEF ANT_HOME
> ANT_HOME=c:\programmi\apache-ant-1.7.0
> !ENDIF
> JAVADOC=$(JAVA_HOME)\bin\javadoc
> JAVAC=$(JAVA_HOME)\bin\javac
> JAVA=$(JAVA_HOME)\bin\java
> JAR=$(JAVA_HOME)\bin\jar
> JAVA_INCLUDE=-I$(JAVA_HOME)\include -I$(JAVA_HOME)\include\win32
>
> I've encapsulated the default  JAVA_HOME, ANT_HOME parameters into
> IFNDEF-s so these values can be given at the nmake command line or in
> an external file according to the EXT_NMAKE_OPT settings.
> I've also removed all !INCLUDE-s for the java.opt in the Windows makefiles.
>
> I haven't dealt with the GNU builds so far, however java.opt is also
> included in the GNU makefile. Howard and I would like to see this
> stuff disappearing one day when the configure stuff will be extended
> by identifying the JAVA locations.

Afaik the standard way to declare java location is really JAVA_HOME.
I don't know of any other.

Cheers
Andrea