[Gdal-dev] OGR with Oracle Spatial support built-in

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue May 15 13:03:34 EDT 2007

Duarte Carreira wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Is there any way I can get OGR pre-compiled with Oracle Spatial support?
>
> If not, is there a simple recipe that I can follow to compile OGR?
>
> The only dev tool I have is C# express.

Duarte,

In theory we just need someone with Visual Studio 2003 (aka VC7.1) and
Oracle on the same system who could build the driver as a plugin against
the already published GDAL/OGR 1.4.1 binaries.

I have VC7.1, but I don't have Oracle on the same system, and I'm a bit
loath to screw around installing it.  Perhaps there is a light oracle
"client only" install I could be doing?

I think Mateusz has Oracle, but VC8.

Possibly Howard might be interested?