[Gdal-dev] OGR with Oracle Spatial support built-in

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed May 16 12:21:28 EDT 2007

Duarte Carreira wrote:
> Hi.
>

> Is there any way I can get OGR pre-compiled with Oracle Spatial support?
>

> If not, is there a simple recipe that I can follow to compile OGR?
>

> The only dev tool I have is C# express.

Duarte,

With your help I have prepared an OCI plugin for GDAL 1.4.x:

   http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/win32/gdalwin32oci141.zip

It is designed to unpack on top of gdalwin32exe141.zip but you should
be able to use it with any VC7.1 built GDAL 1.4.x.  It uses the Oracle
Instant Client 10.2 libraries that you pointed me to.

I'd appreciate feedback on whether it works for you.