[Gdal-dev] OGR with Oracle Spatial support built-in

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed May 16 13:41:49 EDT 2007

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Duarte,
>
> With your help I have prepared an OCI plugin for GDAL 1.4.x:
>
>   http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/win32/gdalwin32oci141.zip
>
> It is designed to unpack on top of gdalwin32exe141.zip but you should
> be able to use it with any VC7.1 built GDAL 1.4.x.  It uses the Oracle
> Instant Client 10.2 libraries that you pointed me to.
>
> I'd appreciate feedback on whether it works for you.
>
> Best regards,

Folks,

It turns out the oracle plugin was accidentally built against the debug
version.  Per the discussions previously (Mateusz, etc) I have decided to
drop debug support out of the binaries package to simplify things and
avoid problems like this one.

I have reuploaded the exe, dev and oci packages in:

   http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/win32

Please let me know if anyone runs into problems.