[Gdal-dev] new RFC 13: Improved Feature Insertion/Update/Delete Performance in Batch Mode

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri May 18 12:28:57 EDT 2007

Baumann, Konstantin wrote:
> ===> Draw your own conclusions, here... :-) <===

Konstantin,

Just to be clear, the conclusion I got from your statistics is that
nearly all the benefit of doing a bunch of features at once comes from
doing them in a single transaction and therefore that implementing the
transaction semantics for the mysql driver would be sufficient to get
a good data loading performance improvement.

Is that congruent with your reading of the statistics?

I'm left thinking that I would prefer to see transaction semantics in
the mysql driver instead of new bulk interfaces added to OGR as a whole.